September 15 is Make a Hat Day.
On September 15, don a hat you have made or gather your craft supplies, channel your secret milliner, make yourself a hat and then wear it!
School Time Fun
Also called Crazy Hat Day, Make a Hat Day is very popular with preschool, kindergarten, and grade school teachers and students.
Early in the new school year, teachers look for fun and interesting projects to break up the classroom routine, or for art projects. Kids, who love arts projects by nature, can use their creativity in making a hat that fits them.
How about a paper hat?
Or how about building out a hat you already have? We love the look of taking fabric remnants and twirling them around to make rose like florettes.
• Make hats using a variety of materials – yarn, felt, paper, and cloth. Go crazy embellishing them.
• Wear a hat that you made to work.
• Have a hat themed party, and have your guests come dressed in hats they have made, decorate the venue with hats and serve hat shaped cupcakes.
• Host a hat making party. Gather around with your friends with craft supplies and spend an evening designing and making hats.
• Hold a hat contest, where everyone makes their own hat and whoever has the best and the most creative hat wins.
Send us a snapshot of the hats you create for Make a Hat Day and Hattingdon will feature it.